The Vietnamese Accounting Law requires the legal representatives of companies to employ an in-house Chief Accountant or to hire an outsourced Chief Accountant.
Chief Accountant is the head of the accounting function of a company, responsible for organizing and performing the accounting work in the accounting unit.
Payment vouchers, payment orders must be signed by the person who has the competent to approve expenditures and the Chief Accountant before implementation.
The chief accountant must have the following criteria and conditions:
- Have professional ethics, honesty, integrity and a sense of law observance;
- Possess a professional qualification in accounting;
- Have professional knowledge in accounting from intermediate level or higher;
- Have a certificate of training for Chief Accountant;
- Have actually worked in accounting for at least 02 years for people with a Bachelor Degree in accounting or higher, at least 03 years for people with accounting expertise at intermediate and college levels
The chief accountant has the following responsibilities:
- Implement the provisions of the law on accounting and finance in the accounting function;
- Organize and administer the accounting function in accordance with this Law;
- Prepare financial statements in compliance with accounting regimes and accounting standards.
Chief Accountant is a statutory position of companies in Vietnam
Accounting Law No. 88/2015/QH13 dated 20 November 2015.
Consultants for Corporate Accounting, Tax reporting and Compliance services: Ms. Thi-Ha Nguyen, ACCA.
Mobile: (+ 84) 989 157 682 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thi-Ha Nguyen, ACCA
|DMS Law firm in Vietnam|
Lawyer Do Minh Son
PIT return for 2020 - Advisory services for Personal Income Tax (PIT) Finalization for 2020 in Vietnam
Lawyer in Vietnam advises about new regulations to enhance tax administration in e-commerce